- Improve your core strength
- Improve your ability to move your arms / legs while maintaining spinal stability
- Keep your back pressing down into the floor the ENTIRE time!!
- Only lower the arm / leg as far as you can without your back lifting
- Keep pressure into the ball -- if someone's hand was under the ball they should not be able to push the ball out from your arms / legs
- Make sure your hips stay bent to 90 degrees --- if you have a bigger ball it is okay to let your arms start further back in order to ensure that your hips are bent to 90 degrees
**listed in order of increasing difficulty
- Hold the started position with arms and legs pressing into the ball and work on breathing while keeping your back pressed down into the floor.
- Move 1 arm back
- Lower 1 leg down
- Lower arm and opposite leg part of the way down
- Lower arm and opposite leg all of the way down
When done correctly you will feel this working through your core / abs! You should not feel it in your lower back at all!!