Try this modification of the traditional clamshell exercise!!
It is great way to “wake-up” your hips during your warm-up routine.
– Position yourself the correct distance from the wall — lie on your side with your shoulders, hips, and knees in a straight line and your feet touching the wall
– Then pull knees up towards your chest (feet will come off of the wall)
– Place a small rolled up towel under your side
– Lift your side off of the towel roll slightly by sitting your top hip away from your shoulder
– Your spine and hip position is now set-up 🙂 (do not let it change as you continue with the exercise)
– Lift your top leg up a few inches and press your foot back into the wall — do not let your spine move or hip rock backwards!
– Keep your foot glued to the wall and lift your knee up (big toe knuckle is not allowed to lift from the wall)
– Move knee up and down without letting anything else move
Progression: to make this exercise more challenging place an ankle weight on the outer side of your knee.
#gluteexercise #core #hipstrength #techniqueTuesday #fitness #exercise