- Mini band (light resistance)
- Improve scapular stability
- Increase rotator cuff and shoulder strength
- Strengthen the serratus (an important muscle for shoulder blade alignment and stability) in a functional manner
- Keep forearms vertical -- do not let the wrists dip inward
- Use the forearms to push the wall away (imagine you are pressing your midback into someone's hand and maintain that throughout the entire exercise)
- Do not let your back or neck move while you are sliding the arm
When done correctly you will feel this working through the back of the shoulder.