- Improve your core strength
- Improve your hip / glute strength
- Improve your shoulder and hip stability
- Improve your ability to move your arms / legs while maintaining spinal stability
- Your back should be flat -- can use a block on your back to make sure you are not moving.
- Press the ground away with your arms in order to separate your shoulder blades apart
- Stiffen your core and remain stiff the entire time
- When you lift your arm and leg do not let your back move at all!!
- Hold for a full exhale, then lower the arm and leg back down, alternate sides
When done correctly you will feel this working through your core / abs! You should not feel it in your lower back at all!!