Physical Therapy Services
Insurance Info & Forms
Meet Our Staff
Blog & Resources
Physical Therapy & Wellness
December 11, 2018
Try this modification of the traditional clamshell exercise!!
It is great way to "wake-up" your hips during your warm-up routine.
- Position yourself the correct distance from the wall -- lie on your side with your shoulders, hips, and knees in a straight line and your feet touching the wall
- Then pull knees up towards your chest (fee...
November 28, 2018
- Strengthen your glutes (bum) and hamstring
- Strengthen your abs to prevent rotation of your pelvis
- Start with both feet on the floor and knees bent
- Take a long full exhale and feel your ribs glide down (this helps get your spine in optimal position)
- Tuck your tailbone and feel your lower back make contact wi...
August 28, 2018
- 2-inch pad for under your knee -- at home you can use a textbook with a yoga mat folded on top or a pillow. **It is important that your knee is elevated up 2-3 inches to allow for optimal mechanics with this exercise!
- 1 weight (typically ~25-45 lbs)
- Improve stability when balancing on 1 leg
- Improve your hip / glute s...