Dips (pictured) are a common triceps strengthening exercise... but, when you go all the way down (or further than your shoulder mobility allows for) they can be a quick pathway to shoulder pain and PT! [You can find them listed as item #3 on my "worst / riskiest upper body exercises" list]
But, you probably just do them because you see someone el...
- Improve shoulder stability and strength --- this exercise moves the shoulder joint / scapula ON-TOP of the arm bone; this is an important (and commonly neglected) component in training! Just think how many shoulder exercises you do where your arm is the piece of the exercises that is moving. We tend t...
- 2-inch pad for under your knee -- at home you can use a textbook with a yoga mat folded on top or a pillow. **It is important that your knee is elevated up 2-3 inches to allow for optimal mechanics with this exercise!
- None! Just make sure you have enough space to perform safely.
- Re-train the brain to perform a squat in the manner we learned it as a baby -- from the GROUND UP
- Improve squatting alignment
- Improve your ability to get your