Yesterday I was walking through the gym and saw Matt McLeod, CSCS (strength coach and exercise specialist at CMPT) doing this Side Sit + Row exercise with one of his clients… it is a GREAT combination exercise that accomplishes so much in 45 seconds!
– Resistance Band
– Strengthen your glutes and obliques as a functional unit (ie- in the manner you use them to function ALL DAY EVERYDAY)
– Strengthen your core stabilizers to resist spinal rotation and resist spinal side bending
– Strengthen your rotator cuff as a stabilizer on 1 arm and as a dynamic mover on the other arm
– Drive your bottom knee down into the floor and try to place as little weight (or no weight) through your bottom foot
– Keep the ground pushed away with your bottom elbow
– Keep your tailbone tucked and spine neutral (straight line)
– Do not let your body move while you perform the row
When done correctly you will feel the muscles working through your outer hip (of the bottom leg), side / oblique, abs, and the back of your shoulder.
#technique #exercise #fitness #strengthening #techniqueTuesday